- Norman is widely recognized as an expert in expansion strategies, franchise development and franchisee recruitment with almost 30 years experience in all aspects of franchising in North America and overseas.
- He is recognized by the Courts as an ‘expert franchise witness’.
- Norman was hired as the franchise consultant responsible for franchise development and franchise recruitment by three franchise companies that have been featured on the CBC TV show ‘Dragon’s Den’ and a fourth client SmartyPantz that will be featured in an episode to be aired on January 20th 2016.
Norman is the ‘Franchise Expert’ for CBC-TV’s series ‘The Big Decision’, and is featured on their website at http://www.cbc.ca/thebigdecision/norman-p-friend---franchise-101.html
- Norman has negotiated the sale of over 250 businesses including unit franchises, franchise networks, sub-franchises and International master licenses ranging from $7,000 to $2 million.
- He is the author of the two best-selling franchise books -The Complete Canadian Franchise Guide (hard cover), and So You Want to Buy a Franchise and Be Your Own Boss – The Ultimate Guide to Buying a Business or Franchise in Canada. All three books published by McGraw-Hill/Ryerson.
- Wrote the original text for the Canadian Franchise Association’s publication Investigate Before you Invest.
- He has presented numerous seminars and keynote talks to business organizations, universities, colleges, professional associations and financial institutions throughout North America, including the U.S. Department of Trade and Commerce.